Friday, May 8, 2009

Wishing Mothers a Blessed Day

Mothers Day is fast approaching. I wish each and every Mother the blessings of love and peace.
This painting was created with love in memory of a most wonderful loving woman, my Mother.
"Goddess In the Garden"
Each spring the smell of lilacs brings pleasant memories of my Mother lovingly tending her flower gardens that supplied sweet nectar for the butterflies and hummingbirds that visited. I can recall her sweet singing as she dug the soil and tenderly transplanted flowers to new beds. I believe her flower garden was a place for solace and  rejuvenation, which was probably sorely needed with raising nine children plus my grandfather.
The painting is acrylic on canvas, 24"x30" There are ten butterflies depicted to represent my siblings, myself as well as the eldest grandchild. 

No comments: