Friday, January 29, 2010

Phoebe on web-cam


 Phoebe

Phoebe is on webcam out of Orange County California. Presently she is raising one little chick. To be able to unobtrusively view this little miracle of flight as she tends to her babe is wonderful. Especially when outside my window the cold Canadian Prairie snow is knee deep and the wind chills to the bone.  My colors are not to accurate as I was using a small set of watercolor pencils to define her in my sketch book. But no matter, I'm having fun.

2 comments:

M said...

Teresa,
I'm thinking of your delicate portraits of birds as I try to compose a new work for my Garden series. You seem to capture their essence so effortlessly. Bird sounds are a constant reminder of life in a garden. I remember the backdrop of sound as I made each new discovery during my two week stay at Birr Castle Demense. But how do I sum it up in one painting? Added to that is the fact that I have never painted a bird before!

Thanks for your comments on my Ruskin post. I too love to bring my garden inside.
Margaret

Lori McNee said...

Hi Teresa-

I enjoyed looking through your blog and viewing your charming bird paintings.

Canada is a beautiful country filled with lots of inspiration. Thakns for sharing it with us.

Lori :-)