Monday, September 13, 2010

20 minute lake

In Manning Park is a pretty little pond called twenty minute lake. I presume that normally it may take that amount of time to walk around it as it is quite small, though I believe it took us about an hour due stopping for photo-opps. I love the seasonal colors of Creation that we get to experience. Kanata is a beautiful an gorgeous county that is quickly being eaten away by corporate gluttonous greed. I pray that my grandchildren's generation will be far more sensible with the land and air than those presently in power.  
Reflections of brilliance: lone loon.
This is the closest I have ever been to a loon. My excitement mounted as it swam towards us coming within 20 to 30 feet from the shore granting fabulous photo-opps. We were surprised to see a loon on such a small body of water and I wondered aloud why one lone loon was there. Sadly to say that further along the path Gerald found the loons mate, or what was left of it.

Beautiful little chestnut-backed chickadee. I was keeping an eye out for boreal chickadees when this fella briefly came into view.

It drizzled just so slightly, enough to keep mist on our faces and furnish droplets on sunshine color lilies.

I noticed tiny flowers that kept bowing their heads to the earth, and what do I sight, a big ole bumblebee.
Nature never ceases to amaze.

No comments: