Saturday, June 21, 2014

New Adventures.

For the last three weeks I've been attending a program with my my dear husband whom graciously supports my endeavours wholeheartedly. I have to admit the program did not fulfill my expectations; nor did it fulfill what I considered to be their statement objective, but I've committed to continuing volunteer work and have met wonderful people along the way.

We've been enjoying photographing spring flowers in bloom along the Whitemud Ravine in Edmonton. The Whitemud is a special area of interest to me as a splinter of natural or as close to natural as possible within city limits as one can get.

Columbine

Goldeneye ducks nest and rear young in the Whitemud Nature Reserve.

Beautiful blossoms abound.

Canada Violet
Whereas the majority of Canada Violets have white on their petal face with purple on the backside of petals these violets are tinged with a pinkish mauve blush. I wonder if it has something to do with the soil they grow in. Where I find a purplish or pinkish violet I notice they tend to grow in a small patch about 3 feet diameter at the base of a tree. 

Wild Roses

1 comment:

Red said...

You spur me on to get out today and smell my own roses.