Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year 2015 is here

Last evening we walked to our Community Centre to view the wonderful fireworks display that is put on each year. Thankfully it was a balmy 2 degrees out so we were able to walk, most years we have to drive as my body cannot handle below zero. There were many many people out for the event, my hubby figures at least 400 showed up,  may be a record attendance.


This notification came in last week.
CONGRATULATIONS! 
Your skirt for the SkirtsAfire design competition has been chosen to participate in our fashion show judging, the next step in being named the SkirtsAfire official Skirt of 2015. 
We were very excited to receive so many creative designs and can not wait to see them come to life. All the designs truly did "find the magic in the mundane."

My design entails a dress being made of reuse and recycle materials. Wish me luck that all goes well and I'm able to complete the task. Hopefully I will remember to take photos as I create so that I may share the project with followers of this blog. Take care and may 2015 be a blessed year.

1 comment:

Carol Blackburn said...

Congratulations Tess, looks like the new year is off with a bang!